Inline Editing for List views
To edit one record, double-click the editable value, specify a new value, and click OK.
If you have the “Mass Edit from Lists” permission, you can edit up to 200 records at once. To edit multiple records:
- Select the checkbox next to each record you want to update. If you select records on multiple pages, Salesforce remembers which records are selected.
- Double-click one of the cells you want to edit. A dialog box displays allowing you to apply your edit to one record, or to every record selected
Note the following tips when using inline editing with lists:
- Some standard fields do not support inline editing. For example, Case Status, Opportunity Stage, Opportunity Amount, Opportunity Quantity and Lead Status, and most Task and Event fields can only be edited from a record's edit page. For more information, see Editing Data Using Inline Editing.
- If your organization uses record types, inline editing with lists is only available when all of the records in the list are of the same record type. Therefore, you must specify a filter of Record Type equals X, where X is the name of a single record type (or blank for the master record type).
- To perform inline editing on an enhanced list, filter logic must be turned off in the list view filter criteria.
- For lists of activities, you must specify an additional filter of either Task equals True (for tasks) or Task equals False (for events) for inline editing to be available.
- If your organization is using Person Accounts:
- You can't use inline editing to change them from a Contact list. You can only inline edit Person Accounts from an Account list.
- You can only use inline editing on contacts associated to business accounts by specifying an additional filter of Is Person Account EQUALS False in your list criteria.